Subject: Exposition of the Shroud
Chronology: 17th century
Matter and technique: Fresco
Location: Castle of Villar Dora - External wall of Cà Bianca
A bishop, placed at the center of the scene, exposes the Shroud helped to support it by four saints, two on the right and two on the left. Due to the bad condition of the painting it is not possible to recognize the figures of the saints.
The castle of Villar Dora, on which the fresco is placed, changes numerous owners and undergoes several renovations starting from the fifteenth century. The fresco is located on an external wall of the castle, on a Ca' Bianca, which is also clearly visible from the outside.
Informazioni e orari
View as a list
- The Butterfly Garden B&B - Avigliana
- Convent of San Francesco - Holiday home - Avigliana
- Convent of San Francesco - Restaurant - Avigliana
- Caprice hotel restaurant - Avigliana
- Ristorante Caprice - Avigliana
- San Michele restaurant - Avigliana
- Tourist Office of Avigliana - Avigliana
- B&B Castle of Camerletto - Caselette